Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back on the Pitch Part 3/4

Just a quick update from the past two weeks of Mean Machine soccer:

Two weekends ago we had an intense match up against Peruvian Power, whom yes, you guessed it, are from Peru. Moral of the story: They entered the game with more cards than the whole league, and left the game with two more yellow cards and another red. We probably had our best offensive performance with some truly beautiful goals in a 9-3 thrashing to improve to 3-0.

This past Sunday I had the privilege of playing two matches. The first of those was in the field as a sub on my manager's Co-ed team and as I quickly learned, I am out of shape. I did score a great header on an early corner kick, but it was all downhill from there and my poor effort was aided by the fact that we had only one sub. We fought bravely however and managed a 6-4 loss to the top team in the league.

The second match of the day found me back between the posts and back to my true form.We were facing some adversity without our top goal scorer but we benefited from a great team effort, especially on the defensive side of the ball. After going down 1-0 in the first half we stormed back with four unanswered goals and sweet victory was ours. We currently sit just shy of the top of the table only lacking in goal differential to the other undefeated team.

Mean Machine: 4-0
Goals Against: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment