Friday, September 10, 2010

The Kick-Off

I approach this new adventure much like the start of a new season. Anxious, nervous, excited, hopeful. However instead of ten defenders, midfielders and forwards guarding me I stand with only my words, my ideas and my opinions. As a keeper I have often caught myself drifting into a soccer infused trance in the middle of a match much like the artist or musician would looking at a beautiful painting or composing their next great masterpiece. The movement of a midfielder or the pulling of an offside trap captivated me since I first began to appreciate the great game of soccer. I have had the privilege to view the creation as it was intended, from the back of a flowing unit, eleven members acting as one. I hope that you will let me share with you my views on the game of soccer as I offer insight, opinion and the occasional touch of humor to matters all over the realm of this sport.  The first touch of a new season is underway. And I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment